Monday, January 31, 2011

Who are you?

During our lazy Saturday/Sunday in Atlanta we all took the Myers-Briggs Test. No, not the official one that you have to pay for, one of the many free ones. But I must say it was very accurate. This test has been a topic of conversation in all of my circles recently, and I love talking about personality and how different ones work together. So for today, a list of a few friends and what our Myers-Briggs letters say about our relationship.




ME + the B.R.E. = Cohorts. Apparently, we are "mutually drawn into experiential escapades." Sounds about right to me, we do act like idiots together sometimes. Ok, maybe all the time, but we have fun. 


ME + my dear sister = Counterparts. Abs and I "perform similar functions in totally different realms." Very true. We think about the same things and want the same things, but we go about accomplishing things in a completely different way. 


ME + dear ole dad = Complements. We have compatible strengths. If our strength is the ability to talk your ear off, they definitely got this one right. I love my dad, and if we had the time I think we could probably hold the world record for longest conversation. Many a night at home we have stayed up until the wee hours of the morning discussing everything from school to friendships to religion.


ME + Coco = Novelties. I find him "intriguingly different; interestingly so." I also find his kitchen skills to be incredible and inspiring. (Check out his blog about beers here, I must admit it's pretty intriguing.)


ME + the Duffalo = Companions.  We "bear each other's company well." True, despite the fact that the phrasing makes it sound a little heavy. But then, looking at all the descriptions, I think someone broke out the good ole thesaurus.

Here is where you can take the same test I did, and to get a look at these relationship descriptions, click here. In case you were wondering, I'm an ENFJ. Let me know how we relate to each other!


Extrovertedly yours,
Becks

1 comment: