Monday, June 27, 2011

The Bored Board

In my state of boredom today when I came home from work, I began perusing the internet. I read the blog of an almost stranger and one of a good friend, twitterstalked a few lucky people, and at some point I came across the blog of a stay-at-home-mom talking about how she keeps her kids from sitting around in their pajamas all day during the summer by posting a "bored board" with different activities they can choose between.
Well I might not be in pajamas, but I certainly do become quite worthless when I get home from work. And although this Mom may or may not be using this as a ploy to get her children to do their chores, I'd like to take her idea for myself. If I have a list of things to choose from when I get home, maybe just maybe I'll do something besides sit in bed and watch 30 Rock (again) when I'm brain-fried after work!

Write a letter. Currently I only have one pen pal, but who says I can't send snail mail to anyone at any time? There are few things better than receiving a special note, whether its from your roommate or your best friend that lives too far away. Why not spread the joy? And who knows, maybe I'll get some in return!

Draw. Now, I'm no artist. And I get easily frustrated when I try to convey a picture in my brain onto a piece of paper. I'm gradually accepting the fact that I will probably never create a masterpiece, but I've become a fantastic sketcher of robots for now.

Organize my closet. At the end of this summer, I'll be leaving my apartment of two years for a house that I will share with a few girls that are very dear to my heart. I'm looking forward to having a bigger kitchen and living room, but sadly my closet will be shrinking. So here's to getting rid of that shirt I bought in middle school and haven't worn since!

Memorize the lyrics to ever Bon Iver song ever. Before I move, I'll be seeing Bon Iver, one of my favorite artists, in the lovely city of Atlanta. Based on previous concert experience, the more lyrics you know and the more songs you recognize, the more you enjoy the incredible-ness of the artist. I expect this to easily slide into my top three concerts of all time.

I should probably make this list longer for those days when I'm irritable and nothing sounds remotely enjoyable, but for now I feel like I've given myself more than enough to tackle! So kick that Summer boredom in the face, and if you have any suggestions for other boredom-busters for a cheap college student PLEASE TELL ME

Counting the days til August,
Becks

1 comment:

  1. more suggestions:

    run until you pass out
    clean my room
    cook me dinner
    throw darts
    write poetry
    kiss a boy (or girl)
    do cartwheels
    get super good on the indo board
    watch a stupid movie

    ReplyDelete