Thursday, June 23, 2011

Reasons My Dad is Awesome

I try to have creative titles, but you know, sometimes you just have to go with something simple. I know Father's Day has past, but I don't try to contain my love for my parents to just the holidays dedicated to them. So here are some great things about my dad.

Quotes. If he sees a funny church sign, or something posted in an office, he will write it down and send it to me. I don't know if he knows how much I love words, but he brightens my day with these surprises all the time!

Long Conversations. I wish I could count the number of times we've sat in the living room talking into the wee hours of the morning, discussing all sorts of topics from ethical issues to comics to old memories. Let me tell you, if you ever want a good story he has plenty!

People watching. I have inherited from my father the eye for seeing visual similarities between complete strangers and people I know very well. He will grab me and say, "That man there, don't his ears look just like Greg down the street?" We don't always agree, but its pretty entertaining.

Dessert. We both have an intense craving for ice cream, and he also has created one of my favorite sweet treats! I don't think we've ever named it, but you spread peanut butter on a saltine cracker, top it with half a marshmallow, and toast it until the top is just brown. They are incredibly delicious and easy to make!

I know this isn't a long list, but I try not to go on and on when I post. To sum it up, I love my dad. He has always been so easy to talk to, and he is so kind hearted. We haven't always gotten along perfectly, but I've never doubted that he loves me too, even when I know I don't deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment