Thursday, June 2, 2011

"She's got the smiles!"

No, I'm not quoting someone famous. This is a phrase that has been thrown around between my roommates and I during the past semester. Having "the smiles" is almost like a disease, the main symptom being of course an ear-to-ear grin that cannot be stopped! This summer I have been continually plagued by the smiles, and here are some of the causes of my sickness over the past week.

Good Food. Over the weekend, I was taken on a whirlwind tour of BamaCash locations, which led to the discovery of the cutest little lunch place in downtown Northport called Fifth & Main. It had a very fresh and local feel with a menu of mostly sandwiches, soups, and salads. I had the most delicious panini (pimento cheese and bacon) along with a side of the freshest fruit I've ever seen in a restaurant. It was an incredible way to start the afternoon!

Pool Time. Although I don't use it often enough, the outdoor pool at the Student Rec Center is a great place to spend free time when the heat of a southern summer kicks in. The lazy river is so relaxing and going down the water slide is still fun even for us college kids.

Good movies. I have watched four new (to me, at least) movies in the past week, those being The Royal Tenenbaums, Sunshine Cleaning, Black Swan and The Virgin Suicides. I enjoyed every one of them! I must say they were not the most uplifting movies and I have worked in a few episodes of 30 Rock in-between so I can have some laughs, but they were all good in their own way.

Literature. I was introduced to a few authors I had never heard of in my most recent lit class and decided to further explore their writings. So far, it has been very rewarding! I just finished reading Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson. First off, his name is awesome. He also is great at creating characters that I felt shed a new light on life.

I could go on endlessly, but alas, it is now time for something else that makes me smile: my nightly run with BK!

Farewell dear readers,
Becks

1 comment:

  1. UHHH i think you're forgetting the biggest cause of the smiles. SWILLIAMS!

    ReplyDelete