Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Smile! It irritates people."

I can't tell you if it's the weather, or the fact that WinCon 2011 was amazing, or maybe the grass is getting a little greener on the quad. But something has me walking around campus with this goofy grin that I can't seem to wipe off. Sometimes I realize I'm smiling and start laughing, thinking about how silly I probably look, but it doesn't matter! I am loving every minute of it. So, for now, a few things that have made me smile in the past few days...

Good music. On the drive home from Winter Conference, my car-buddies and I constantly alternated ipods, picking random songs. It started with a theme of songs that make you want to cry, went through an oldies stage at some point, and even had a segment devoted to Usher. Needless to say, it was FANTASTIC!

Nature. While at WinCon, the weather was nothing less than perfect for hiking. We walked around behind the waterfall, and that is one of the greatest places to be. Very awe inspiring.

Literature. Right now in my American Lit class we are talking about Modernism. I smile at the thought of reading new (to me) short stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway, two of my favorite authors.

Popsicles. No explanation should be necessary, but I'll tell you I ate my first popsicle of the year while walking to the quad this afternoon with a dear friend of mine with the prospect of a glorious hour in the sun on my mind. Life doesn't get much better.

Relaxation. Now this hasn't happened yet, so who knows if I will get any rest, but I am looking forward to getting everything I can out of my first weekend in Tuscaloosa in over a month! I have been out of town for some great adventures, but I am ready to see what my current home has to offer this season.

Now, go find something to make you smile,
Becks

No comments:

Post a Comment