Monday, May 2, 2011

The Art of Expecting the Unexpected

As my last post revealed, I started early in preparing for my finals. Little did I know they would be cancelled, due to a weather disaster. While I am beyond happy to have been relieved early of my school duties, I would devote hundreds of hours to the books to have Tuscaloosa put back in order. I can prepare for exams I dread for days on end, but no school lessons have ever prepared me for a walk through my second home-town after it had been terrorized by nature. I never thought somewhere that is so familiar to me would become instantly unrecognizable. But life goes on. Though I left for a few days, I will be returning to my school on Tuesday. I am fearful of falling back into my selfish routine upon arrival, but I will be fighting that with all my heart. I pray for a heart for the hurting, and the strength to help in whatever way I am needed. Today, there is no list. I could list things the city of Tuscaloosa needs, I could list what I hope to do when I get back, and I could list what I wish would happen. These lists would be unending and I do not want to drone endlessly. But I have a deep love for my city, my school, and I pray that Christ's love will be shone through my life as I attempt to help rebuild this place that means so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment